Monday, November 30, 2009

Himeji Castle and Gardens

I recently took a trip to Himeji Castle and it's nearby gardens, and it truly was a stunning experience. The castle was impressive, and could be seen from miles away. From the top, the view was breathtaking. On the inside was a museum chronicling the history of the castle. I'm really glad I made it there when I did, because they have since commenced a multi-year renovation project that will mar the picturesque view for quite some time.



After touring the castle, we headed next-door to the Himeji Gardens (姫路好古園 - Himeji Kōkoen). I have to admit, I'm far more awed by the beauty of nature than the beauty of the works of man (which are still awe inspiring), and so the Gardens were definitely the high point of my day. I put my footage of the Gardens to music, so I hope you like it. Make sure to watch in HD if you can!

2 comments: